Ernest Friedrich Misfeldt’s father was Christian Detlef Missfeldt (original spelling), who was born February 23, 1818 in Surendorf, Germany. Christian married Anna Margarethe Moor, who was born August 23, 1813, on November 20, 1846. They had four children: Heinrich Detlef Missfeldt (born April 6, 1847); Heinrich and Ernst Friedrich Missfeldt (both born February 26, 1849); and, August Detlef Missfeldt (born July 25, 1881). Christian died May 22, 1877 at the age of 59. Anna passed December 12, 1897 at the age of 84.
Christian Detlef Missfeldt – February 23, 1818 to May 22, 1877
Anna Moor Missfeldt – August 23, 1813 to December 12, 1897
Ernest, born February 26, 1849, married Margaret Lensch on May 18, 1872. She was born March 29, 1852 in the village of Rade in Holstein, Germany. In September of 1878 the family came to America, sailing from Rendsburg, Germany according to 1878 ship manifests. They immediately settled on a farm in the town of Eagle Point near Jim Falls, Wisconsin, where they raised their family until retiring and moving to Bloomer in 1919. Ernest worked at the mill in Eagle Point during his younger years, in addition to farming and working in the logging camp during the winter as a top loader. Margaret passed away in May 1926, at the age of 74 (the exact date of her death is unconfirmed). Ernest died May 24, 1931, at the age of 82.
Prior to their emigration to Wisconsin, Ernest and Margaret had three children:
- Christian was born July 2, 1873;
- Henry was born June 5, 1875; and,
- Christina was born in November of 1876 (exact date in question).
The couple had eight more children after arriving in America:
- John Regard was born January 26, 1879;
- Charles was born December 27, 1882;
- William was born August 6, 1883 or 1884 (date to be confirmed);
- Frederick was born in July 1886;
- Elizabeth was born in June 1889;
- Margaret was born in January 1892;
- Emma was born in October 1894; and,
- Ida was born in January 1896.
Ernest dropped the second “s” in his last name between the U.S. Census of 1900 and 1910, but son Frederick elected to retain the second “s” for some reason.
Ernest Friedrich Misfeldt – February 26, 1849 to May 24, 1931
Margaret Lensch Misfeldt – March 29, 1852 to May 1926